Monday, May 9, 2011

The Cries from a Fallen Heart

Lord, I pray to You and You listen.
I have prayed for wisdom and You have granted me my desire.
Yet how do I use your gift?

I pray for wisdom in love.
You grant me patience and contentment in singleness,
Showing me that the right man is not yet here.
I accept the contentment,
Yet my heart lusts for those not meant for me.

I pray for wisdom in future decisions.
You tell me that I needn't know what lies ahead,
Just to trust in Your will.
I wait for Your guidance,
Yet I make my own selfish plans.

I pray for wisdom in speech.
You command me to hold my tongue,
Not to speak in evil ways.
I obey around certain people,
Yet I let forth profanities and obscenities at every free opportunity.

I pray for wisdom in glorifying You.
You present me with opportunities to speak of You to the unknowing.
I can't do it.
I falter, hesitate, say that I'll have another opportunity,
Someone else can do that job.
I'm not meant to spread Your love.

O God, I'm so ashamed of my lack of faith.
I should not be ashamed of Your Son's sacrifice,
Yet I cannot bring myself to speak of Him,
For fear that I may be ridiculed or persecuted.

Jesus, I'm not worthy of Your sacrifice.
I'm not deserving to even speak Your precious name.
I have strayed so far from Your path,
I fear that I don't know the way back.
I'm lost and so afraid of this darkness.

I need Your loving guidance, Father!
Please, find me and carry me back in Your comforting arms.
I need You and only You.
Why can I not grasp that truth?
You are all I will ever need.

Savior, I despair of my life.
I disgrace You every day.
I crucify You and turn my back,
Refusing to acknowledge the cruelty and evil in me.
Blind me with truth, O Father.
Open my eyes to what I have done.

Lead my footsteps to where You are.
Take my hand and never let go.
I cannot live in this world without Your presence.
I need You.

God, I pray for wisdom...
And forgiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment