Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Unseen Enemy

I'm paralyzed.
Childhood nightmares surface,
tearing apart the safety of my subconscious.
Dormant fears long forgotten bubble up,
seizing my soul in an iron grip.

I fight.
Eyes closed, mind open,
I struggle against the snare of terror,
evil slithering through my memories,
twisting, distorting, perverting.

I am weak.
Alone, I cannot shoulder the door closed.
My strength drains, my resolve falters,
and I despair of what is to come.
I will not survive on my own.

O God, help me!
I have become my own trap!
Protect me from that which haunts me,
and defeat the demons that attack when I am vulnerable.
Save me from myself.

I cannot win without You, O Savior.
I need Your strength.
I long for Your comforting arms.
Bring me peace.
Bring me peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment